Healthy Egg Salad
A healthy egg salad without mayo. With fresh dill, crunchy celery, and Greek yogurt, it’s creamy, cool, and packed with flavor!
YIELD: Serves 3
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
FOR THE HEALTHY EGG SALAD:
- 4 hard cooked eggs, plus 2 hard cooked egg whites (save the extra yolks for another use or discard)
- 3/4 cup diced celery (about 3 medium stalks)
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Whole grain bread, toasted (for 4 open faced sandwiches)
- Arugula, tomato, additional chopped fresh dill
- Peel the eggs and cut into a rough dice. (For detailed instructions on how to hard boil eggs, see Step 2 of my Avocado Egg Salad recipe.) Place in a large mixing bowl, then add the celery, Greek yogurt, mustard, salt, pepper, and dill. Stir to combine.
- Serve egg salad on toasted bread with tomatoes and arugula, or enjoy atop greens for a healthy salad.