Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
A roasted mushroom and green bean farro salad with balsamic vinaigrette and feta.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup farro
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup feta, goat or blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
- Bring the water and farro to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the farro is al dente. about 20 minutes.
- Toss the mushrooms and green beans in the oil, thyme, salt and pepper and place them on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast the mushrooms and green beans in a preheated 400F/200C oven until they start to caramelize, about 20 minutes, flipping them half way through.
- Mix everything and enjoy.