- 1 small (~1 cup) sweet potato
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 and 3/4 cup assorted sweet bell peppers (I use about 8-10 miniature bell peppers)
- 1 and 1/2 cups green beans
- 2 heads (~3 and 1/2 cups) broccoli
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH onion powder, garlic powder, ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 3/4 cup finely shredded cheese (colby jack, Mexican blend, cheddar, pepperjack)
- Optional: fresh cilantro, fresh limes
- Serve with or meal prep with cooked rice or quinoa
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a very large sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Prep the chicken and veggies: First, pierce the sweet potato with a fork a few times and place in the microwave for 5 minutes, flipping on the other side after 2.5 minutes. Remove and let cool for a minute. Peel off the skins and then chop into very small pieces (important they are small and that you first microwave for these to be cooked in time with everything else!)
Chop the chicken into 1/2 inch pieces. Remove the stems and seeds and coarsely chop the peppers. Cut the beans in half. Coarsely chop the broccoli.
Place all the veggies* and chicken on the sheet pan. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and all of the seasonings listed and mix.
Pour the seasoning mixture over the veggies and chicken and toss with your hands until everything is well coated. Spread everything into 1 even layer.
Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 10-20 minutes (all depending on the size you’ve cut your veggies and chicken and the heat of your oven) (The veggies are crisp tender and chicken is cooked through for me at around 20 total minutes)
Remove from the oven and top with the cheese if desired. Return to the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Remove and enjoy over cooked rice or quinoa and with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge if desired.
MEAL PREPPING: Place an even amount of quinoa (I cook 1 and 1/2 cups dry quinoa) into the bottom of 4 different containers. Divide this baked chicken and veggie dish equally in 4 parts. Top each container with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge. Cover and place in the fridge. Enjoy within 4 days.