In this healthy chicken recipe, paprika-rubbed chicken thighs are nestled into Brussels sprouts and shallots and roasted on a sheet pan in the oven for an easy, healthy dinner. As the chicken thighs roast, the garlicky drippings flavor the Brussels sprouts and shallots. Delicious one-pan cooking! Smoked paprika adds a touch of smoky flavor—look for it at well-stocked supermarkets or in the bulk-spice section at natural-foods markets. Regular paprika can be used in its place, but doesn’t add the hint of smoke.
Active: 20 m
Ready In: 40 m
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine Brussels sprouts, shallots and lemon with 1 tablespoon oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Mash garlic and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt with the side of a chef’s knife until it becomes a paste. Combine the garlic paste with paprika, thyme and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Rub the paste all over chicken. Nestle the chicken into the Brussels sprouts.
- Roast on the lower rack until the Brussels sprouts are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken without touching bone registers 165°F, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cut Down on Dishes: A rimmed baking sheet is great for everything from roasting to catching accidental drips and spills. For effortless cleanup and to keep your baking sheets in tip-top shape, line them with a layer of foil before each use.
- Serving size: 1 or 2 thighs & 1½ cups vegetables
- Per serving: 544 calories; 29 g fat(6 g sat); 9 g fiber; 27 g carbohydrates; 48 g protein; 168 mcg folate; 216 mg cholesterol; 6 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 3,179 IU vitamin A; 168 mg vitamin C; 139 mg calcium; 6 mg iron; 811 mg sodium; 1,413 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (280% daily value), Vitamin A (64% dv), Folate (42% dv), Iron (33% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2
- Exchanges: 4½ vegetable, 5½ lean meat, 3 fat