Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 60 minutes
Yield: Serves a hearty 4
2 lbs. fresh thresher shark
2 cups milk
1 lemon, juiced
2 TB soy sauce
2 TB rice vinegar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. In a shallow dish, soak the thresher shark in the milk for 30-60 minutes.
2. Remove the shark from the milk and rinse it under cold water.
3. In a new dish, squeeze the lemon juice over the shark steaks and pour soy sauce and vinegar over. Season with ginger, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder, turning so that both sides are coated. Let marinate while the grill preheats.
4. Preheat an outdoor grill over high heat. Oil the grate or put out a piece of aluminum foil to cook the fish on.
5. Grill the fish over high heat for about 7 minutes, flip, and cook the other side for an additional 5 minutes. Actual cooking time will depend on how thick the steak is. 5 minutes per inch of thickness is a good starting point. Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.