Hot roasted vegetables lightly wilt the arugula in this healthy dinner salad recipe. Keep prep time minimal with leftover chicken, precut butternut squash and trimmed Brussels sprouts.
By: David Bonom
Active: 25 m
Ready In: 35 m
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss squash, Brussels sprouts, 1 teaspoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet (reserve the bowl). Roast, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Combine chicken, grapes, onion and arugula in the reserved bowl. Add the roasted vegetables and toss to combine.
- Whisk walnut oil (or olive oil), vinegar, shallot, mustard and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serving size: about 2 cups
- Per serving: 242 calories; 12 g fat(1 g sat); 3 g fiber; 18 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 66 mcg folate; 40 mg cholesterol; 7 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 7,705 IU vitamin A; 48 mg vitamin C; 97 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 378 mg sodium; 642 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (154% daily value), Vitamin C (80% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: ½ starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 2 fat
From: EatingWell Magazine, September/October 2016